Good, Better, Best: Leopard Ankle Boots

Madewell Ames Ankle Boots

I have been on the hunt for a pair of leopard ankle boots since I saw the "Ames" boot by Madewell pictured above. The price was $348, so I hesitated, hoping to pick them up when they had a friend & family sale. Not only did they not go on sale, they are totally sold out in most sizes. They looked sturdy and a little more practical than most I have seen. Since then, I have been looking for a replacement and here are my good, better, best choices.

Pair #1: GOOD


Zara Leopard Ankle Boots
I haven't tried these on but they are similar to the Madewell pair. The heel looks just about right and they are $159.99, which isn't too bad. Not sure if I like the leopard print on the heel though.

Pair #2) BETTER


Tory Burch Regina Leopard Calf Hair Booties
The quality is always very good with the Tory Burch shoes so I know that isn't a factor, but not sure if I want the gold heel. To me it seems a little more dressy. I do like the heel height though. They are $425, so I think at that price they are not perfect enough for me.

Pair #3) BEST


Rag & Bone Newbury Calf Hair Booties

Now this could be the Holy Grail of leopard booties. These are a pre-order from Nordstrom so they just came out and they were not around when I fell for the Madewell booties. I have these in another color and I know the quality is good. I will admit, they are comfortable, but not 'walk all day' comfortable, just for a few hours at a time. They are a little high for me so I don't wear the pair I have very often. But the styling is superb on these babies. They are super hip. These are at the top of the price range at $595. I hope to stalk this pair and hope that I can find them on sale. If money were no object this would be my choice hands down.

Which pair do you like? The Madewell would have been my first choice.



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,