It's back to school season and this affects most of us in some way. In terms of wardrobe, we evaluate what we have, and decide what we need for the cooler weather. We realize our kids pants no longer fit, or our coed needs a new backpack or tote, or that we need to look more professional on the job. As a kid, I didn't want summer to end, but the 'new beginning' aspect of back to school was appealing. New clothes, new friends, new teachers ... As an adult, I think that has carried over. It's a chance to revamp for the upcoming school year. Sometimes it's the small touches that can make the biggest impact on our appearance. Here are just a few suggestions on getting ready for Fall:
- Clean out your closet. Sell and donate items that you won't be needing.
- Get a new hairstyle. Possibly add long bangs or have it colored. Too blond? Add some low-lights this fall. The model from this Pinterest photo has an amazing color/cut for fall!
- Try out a darker lipstick or nail polish.
- Get a new tote or carryall, if you're a student maybe change from a backpack to a messenger bag or vice versa.
- Get new jeans. Everybody can use an update in this area. I love these Levi's.
- New boots. Whether they are ankle booties, riding boots or wellies, they are usually a 'go to' shoe.
- Make sure you have a 'STYLISH' warm coat. I am emphasizing stylish here in case you didn't catch on. Once in awhile you need to break away from that North Face parka. A camel coat is a great choice.
- Have a 'go to' dressier outfit. This could be a LBD or a pantsuit. You never know when you will be invited to a fabulous event, or get an amazing job opportunity that you need to interview for.
Labels: Back to School, Camel Coat, Fall, Fall Hair Color, Helmut Lang, Jeans, Levi's, Little Black Dress, Nail Polish, style, Tom Ford, Tory Burch, Tote, Zara