Since my class reunion is next weekend I found myself wondering what I would wear if I went. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time but I always like an excuse to assemble an outfit for pretty much any occasion. Here are some things to consider:
- Venue. Will this be formal or casual.
- Day or Night?
- Weather forecast is also a huge factor.
- Your budget. It's not worth going in to debt over.
- Will you be sitting or standing? I suggest comfortable shoes either way.
- Your figure. Yes, dress for your current shape, not what you would have worn in high school.
- Color. Do you look great in blue? Well wear blue.
- Accessories are important. Don't bring the huge over sized designer bag you will worry about all night. Wear a cross body bag that is effortless.
- Hair and makeup - Don't go crazy on this one. They want to see you not a mask.
- Botox? Just kidding.
So let's say this Class Reunion is on the casual side, at a bar. The most important thing is to be comfortable and feel good about yourself. You want to kick back and chat with everyone and not worry if your bra strap is showing. What do you look great in? Do you have great legs? A skirt or sundress might be a good idea. You've been meaning to get to the gym, but just haven't made it since high school? I suggest dressing in one color. I will guess that most of the women will be in jeans and a black top. Always a safe bet, but if you want to stand out pick another color. I love an excuse to wear a dress so I would probably wear a casual dress and bring a summer leather jacket or a lightweight boyfriend blazer. If you do decide to wear jeans, kick it up a notch with some beautiful accessories and shoes. A low heeled pump or some comfortable wedges are a good choice.
I chose a simple and inexpensive black dress. The tank dress is from Target and was only $14.99. If you don't like your arms and don't want to wear a jacket, the black dress is from Topshop and was only $40. The white denim jacket is from gap, and the blazer is Helmut Lang, on sale at Nordstrom Rack. I did step it up however on the accessories below. Prada wedges, Valentino Rockstud pumps, Chanel Crossbody bag, and Chanel nail polish. I did not pay full retail for any of these items, just a lucky shopper.
Finally, the best accessory is a great smile. In the end, nobody but you will really care what you are wearing. But there is that reality of Selfies and Facebook. So keep your lipstick handy. Have a great time my fellow classmates!
Labels: Chanel Crossbody Bag, Class Reunion, Class Reunion Outfit, Helmut Lang, Nordstrom Rack, Prada Wedge Sandals, Target, Valentino Rockstud Pumps