Do We Dress for Men or Women?

For the Girls
Combined Maxi Dress @ Zara



Do we dress for men, or for women? That is my question of the day. Looking at the Olsen-like outfit from Zara I have posted above, I would say in this case definitely for other women. I can't imagine a guy actually liking this outfit on a woman. Yet, these items seem to be very popular with the high fashion set. I guess it depends on the event that you are attending. I know for a fashion show or a ladies lunch, we are definitely out to impress the other women in the room. On the other hand, if you are hitting the club scene with or without a date, you are more likely to wear a sexier outfit. Of course I am married, but have to say that I first dress for myself, but would care more about my friend's opinion of my outfit than that of my male friend or husband. Any thoughts on the subject?


For the Girls
ISSA Maya Dress @ Net-a-Porter

For the Guys
Herve Leger Dress @ Nordstrom

For the Guys
Miu Miu Mini Dress @ Net-a-Porter

Labels: , , , , , , , ,