The Hand Cream Dilemma

Every year for Christmas I ask Santa for an Aveda hand relief hand cream. It's $20 for a large tube, but I absolutely love the texture and the smell so I figure it's a great treat. I even like to give it as a hostess gift every now and then. Of course my husband gets sucked in to the sales pitch and ends up getting me the gift set that is double the price as it includes the foot cream. Well guess what, I don't like the foot cream, it has a totally different smell. I ONLY want the hand cream. The foot cream from three years ago is still in my drawer. This year Santa forgot to get me the hand cream (probably shouldn't have complained about the foot cream purchase), so I thought I would seek out some less expensive alternatives. I usually keep a tube of hand cream in my car, my purse and in the kitchen so it can add up. This happens to me a lot,I try to save and I end up buy way too many "cheaper" things that don't quite add up to the "expensive" thing. I end up spending way more, than if I just stuck to my favorite in the first place. The good news is that I found some excellent new hand creams in the process. 

Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Hand Cream $1.99 at TJ Maxx but usually about $5.50
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream $3.59 at Target
Vaseline Hand Therapy$ 3.59 at Target
Toyko Milk Bon Bon Shea butter Lotion $5.99 at TJ Maxx but usually $20
Aveda Hand Relief $20


Sonia Kashuk Yellow Alluriana Hand Cream $6.99 at Target
Crabtree & Evelyn India Hicks ultra-moisturizing hand therapy $5.99 at TJ Maxx, usually about $20
CeraVe Therapeutic Hand Cream $9.97 at Walmart
Eucerin Instensive Repair Extra Enriched Hand Creme $4.66 at Walmart

The dilemma is that now I have way too many choices. All of these products are really excellent picks. If you need a fragrance free or have sensitive skin go with the CeraVe, Neutrogena or the Eucerin. I personally like a little fragrance. The Crabtree & Evelyn, Toyko Milk and the Sonia Kashuk all have excellent textures and smells. The best of the cheaper ones were the Vaseline and Sally Hansen. I will probably be buying the Sally Hansen again. I Love the way it goes on and seems to last a little longer. My number one choice is still the Aveda Hand Relief. It's worth the splurge. The scent is amazing and its a great little aromatherapy moment every time I apply it. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,