7 Beauty Products I Love


These are my current must have products.



Like most women, I am currently on the hunt for the best cleanser, the best lip color etc.....I am very equal opportunity, trying both drugstore and department store brands. Do I ever splurge? Heck yes, I have tried every brand from Ponds to La Mer. Do I really believe the $250 facial moisturizer will set me apart from the pack? No I do not, but I go through a phase every now and then that I think I deserve it. I thought I might share some of my finds with you. Some being a splurge, some are a steal.

From Left to Right, top to bottom:

1) Shu Umera Whiteefficient Clear Brightening Gentle Cleansing Oil:(splurge, but I can't live without it, effectively removes all make-up and doesn't not dry out my skin). Recommended to me by my dear friend Nancy.

2) Bobbie Brown Extra' SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm: This is an amazing foundation that I recently discovered. I was going broke trying different drug store brands searching for the perfect foundation. One day I spent the time at Nordstrom trying various brands and colors and landed on this. Besides Laura Mercier tinted balm, this is the best I have ever found. Also considered a splurge.

3) Sally Hansen Insta-DRI Top Coat: I was pretty much a salon manicure type of gal before I started using this product. I could never achieve the smooth glossy finish of a salon manicure, and of course would always ruin a nail or two before they would dry. This top coat gives me the salon finish I could never achieve before and my nails are dry before even I can ruin them. Another one of Nancy's recommendations. This one's a save.

4) HADA LABO Skin Plumping Gel Cream: One of Japan's best sellers. Quickly rolling out to the US. Love the texture. This is my go to moisturizer when I am trying to cut back. It's 24.99 and available at ULTA (I use a coupon). I consider this a save.

5) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush (color shown is flush): I have been searching for a soft, pink blush to add to by daily routine and have hit the jackpot with this one. I love the color, and the fact that it doesn't have any sparkle to it. This is a splurge.

6) Mac Cosmetics Pearl-Glide Intense Eyeliner: I challenge anyone to come up with a better eyeliner. This goes on perfectly and stays there until you remove it. There is a slight glitter effect to it. 'Black Swan' and 'Lord it Up' are my favorites. This is a save, because it lasts forever and I don't feel I need to buy others as long as I have this one.

7) Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Renewing Balm:  I am a lip color junkie. If I'm out shopping and come up dry, I can always find a new lip product to fill the void. Now that I have found this very reasonably priced product, I will come home with fewer products. The product is very creamy and leave a beautiful transparent color. As I get older, the harsh colors just don't work well for me. My favorite is the Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm in Pink Punch, but I am also loving the new Dr. Rescue Medicated Baby Lips in Berry Soft.



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,